First Time Home Buyer Incentive
January 21, 2016 | Michele Langley
Get Assistance with you Down Payment for a New Home
The North Carolina Housing Finance Agency (NCHFA) has a great program for First Time Home Buyers looking to purchase a home in Johnston County! This program is still available but will be going away shortly so act now to see if you qualify. The program started in September 2015 and offers a $15,000 down payment assistance for home buyers. Below are some details about the program. Modern Living Home Team and we will connect you with a lender who specializes in the program and can help you determine your qualification as well as provide additional details.
- The $15,000 down payment assistance is available for homes purchased in Johnston, Mecklenburg, Cumberland, Guilford, and Cabarrus counties.
- Funds can be sued for down payment and closing costs
- The amount is fully forgivable if you stay in your home for 5 years
- You must be a first-time home buyer or have not owned a home in 3 years
- Primary borrower must have a minimum of 640 credit score
- Down payment assistance is available for homes at a maximum sales price of $245,000 and there are plenty homes for sale in Johnston County at this price point
- Contact lender for rates
- You must meet maximum qualifying income criteria
The Modern Living Home Team loves helping first-time home buyers in Johnston and Wake County. Although this program provides real estate agents to help buyers in Johnston County and 4 other counties. But if you are looking to buy a home in Wake County, we can still connect you with an expert lender who could help you determine if you qualify for another program that might just make your dream of home ownership come true. Why pay someone else’s mortgage when you can own your home own?
Below are active Homes for Sale in Johnston County below $245,000 that you could own today! Please confirm with your lender if the house qualifies for the program and additional information or qualifications needed for the NCHFA loan.