Fourth of July Celebrations in the Triangle
July 3, 2015 | Michele Langley
Wondering what you can do this 4th of July in the Triangle?
As usual homeowners in Raleigh, Garner, Cary, Morrisville, Clayton and surrounding communities in the Triangle can enjoy a weekend of fun activities to make this Fourth of July a memorable experience for your family. If your visiting for the weekend, don’t miss out the fireworks or celebrations that include music, parades, and good food!
Fourth of July activities in the Triangle on Friday July 3rd
- Cary Arts Center is having its 28th Annual Patriotic Celebration at 7:30pm. This annual salute to military service personnel is a concert event you definitely do not want to miss.
- Wake Forest High School with offer live music and fireworks beginning at 5:30 pm.
- Morrisville Community Park fields have a free celebration with fireworks, music, bounce houses and food trucks, in case you get hungry. The 4th of July celebration begins at 6:30pm.
- Fuquay-Varina’s 4th of July celebration will be at South Park. Come out at 6pm and enjoy the music of Spare Change before fireworks.
- Lake Benson in Garner, NC 4th of July celebration is always a favorite. There are a lot of kids activities, crafts and games and best of all music from the NC Symphony. Enjoy a nice picnic before the firewoods!
Fourth of July Activities in the Triangle on Saturday, July 4th
- Downtown Raleigh is always an exciting place to be on July 4th. Called “The Works”, Fayetteville Street will have live music, street performs and even a stunt show. Wondering just how many hot dogs a person can eat? You might just find out at the many eating contest. Enjoy your own eating among the many food vendors and there will even be a wine and beer tent. There are many fun games and rides for kids to enjoy. Fireworks begin at 9:30 pm over The Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts and Red Hat Amphitheater.
- The Fred. G Bond Metro Park in Cary NC has its annual Independence Day Old Time Celebration from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm. Enjoy a parade, fishing tournament, and eating contest.
- Durham is offering two 4th of July parades. A tradition since 1950, the parade at the Watts Hospital-Hillandale neighborhood begins at 10 am and includes decorated bikes, trikes wagons and even stroller. Or you can participate in the parade at Durham Central Park at 9:30 am.
- Enjoy a olde fashioned 4th of July celebration in downtown Apex NC starting at 9:00 am. Children can participate showing off decorated bikes and wagons in red, white, and blue and end the activities with the Apex Fire Department’s splash-down.
- Enjoy free watermelon and ice cream in Clayton NC at Municipal Park. There will be live music, games beginning at 4:00 pm followed by Fireworks at dusk.
- Knightdale NC 4th of July Fireworks are scheduled at 9:15 pm after family activities, food vendors, live music, and even hot air balloons. Celebration activities begin at 5pm and is free.
- Archer Lodge has a “Family Fun Day” to celebrate July 4th that begins with a 1 miles and 5K Run/Walk at 6:30 am. There is even plans for sky divers and a hometown parade at 2:00 pm. Children are sure to enjoy the many kid games and blowup rides. There will be Corn Hole Tournament and Bingo for those looking for additional competitive games. After a splashdown with the Archers Lodge Fire Department you can enjoy music from the Big River Band before the Fireworks schedule for 9:15pm.
Map of Fourth of July Activities in Raleigh NC
Happy 4th of July from the Langley Realty Team! Have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July! We appreciate the business of our past clients and would love to meet you to see how we can help you with your Raleigh real estate needs in 2015! Feel free to contact Michele Langley, Raleigh Realtor and Relocation Specialists at 919-427-5671 for all your home buying and home selling needs. Serving the Triangle Real Estate market, we are here to add a bit of sparkle to your real estate experience.